Saturday, November 21, 2015

Where's God When I'm In The Fire?

Scripture:

Daniel 3:25  "He said, 'Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods'".

Observation:

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had determined that they would not bow down to any God except Yahweh.  Because of this, they were thrown into a fiery furnace by King Nebuchadnezzar.  When the king looked into the furnace, he say four men, and the fourth looked like the son of a god.  When they were at their worst, God was right there protecting them.

Application:

No matter what we go through, God will never leave us nor forsake us.  He is faithful and will deliver us when we are persecuted due to our obedience to Him.  We can rest assured that God will walk with us through every fiery trial.  Rather than thinking God has departed us when things are tough, we need to see that God is with us and will deliver us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see You as You are.  You are the deliverer.  You are the God who walks with His people through every trial in our lives.  Open my eyes to see You in the midst of the trial.  Help me to keep my focus on You and to follow Your voice no matter what situation I find myself in.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment