Friday, November 13, 2015

The Search

Scripture:

Ezekiel 34:16  "I will search for the lost and bring back the strays.  I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy.  I will shepherd the flock with justice".

Observation:

God is speaking through Ezekiel here and rebuking the shepherds for not going after the lost and strays.  He says that, since they are not doing it, He will.  God says that He will search for the lost and bring back the strays.  He loves His people and will do everything possible to get them back on the right track.

Application:

If we want to be like God, we must be part of the search.  We must search for those He loves and the ones He is searching for.  We are to be God's ambassadors, on His mission.  His mission is searching for the lost and bringing back the strays.  We must make this a priority in our lives.  Jesus' missions statement was clear, He came to seek and save the lost.  We must be on His business.

Prayer:

Father, lead me to someone who is lost or strayed today.  Help me to be a better witness and to shine for Your glory.  Help me to see things as You see them and to search like You search.  You are always searching for the lost and the strays, help me to do the same.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment