Monday, November 16, 2015

Owning Nothing, but Having Everything

Scripture:

Ezekiel 44:28  "I am to be the only inheritance the priests have.  You are to give them no possession in Israel; I will be their possession".

Observation:

God has always wanted a people who were completely His.  A people that He wouldn't have to share with anyone.  In Ezekiel we see that God wanted His priests to be completely His and for them not to own any inheritance except Him.  He wanted them to have nothing that would compete with Him.  He wanted a people completely set apart for Him.

Application:

In the New Testament, we don't have an official priesthood, but God calls us a royal priesthood and a holy nation.  We are the people that God was longing for.  He wants us to be completely His.  He wants nothing in our lives to compete with Him.  He desires His people to have no other gods and nothing that competes with Him being Lord of our lives.  He wants to know that we are fully His.

Prayer:

Father, let my life exemplify Your desires.  Be my possession.  Be first in my life and let nothing compete with You.  Help me to fulfill Your will completely and to have nothing else in my life that competes with You.  You are my God and I love You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment