Friday, November 6, 2015

Speak What God is Saying and Not What Sounds Good

Scripture:

Ezekiel 13:9  "My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations.  They will not belong to the council of my people or be listed in the records of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel.  Then you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord".

Observation:

God never takes false prophecy lightly.  Throughout the entire Old Testament, God treats harshly those who say they are speaking on His behalf, but are not speaking accurately.  Just above this verse He tells exactly who He was speaking to, the prophets who prophesy peace  and safety when truly judgment is coming.

Application:

We should always be careful when we say we are speaking God's behalf.  He doesn't take it lightly when we misrepresent Him.  Many run around today and the only prophetic words they speak are that God is about to bless you and prosper you and give you a financial miracle.  I believe God can and does say those things at times, but we need to check and make sure we are speaking out of the heart of God and not our own heart.

Prayer:

Father, let my words be Your words.  Let me speak accurately what You want to say to your people.  Help me to fulfill Your will and not my own.  May Your Kingdom come and Your will be done in all the earth.  Forgive me for speaking out of my own spirit at times and not seeking You more for a word from You.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment