Thursday, November 5, 2015

Shouting is not the Answer

Scripture:

Ezekiel 8:18  "Therefore I will deal with them in anger; I will not look on them with pity or spare them.  Although they shout in my ears, I will not listen to them".

Observation:

Judah was living in total rebellion toward God.  They were offering sacrifices to other gods and following after them.  Everywhere Ezekiel went in the city, there were people chasing after other gods.  The Lord God Almighty replied to them saying, "Although they shout in my ears, I will not listen to them".

Application:

We can shout in prayer all day long, but if we lack obedience in our lives, our prayers will not be heard.  I know people who can shout incredibly in prayer and sound so powerful, but their prayers are not answered because their lives are not walking in obedience to the Lord.  I love shouting and do it quite often, but we are not heard for our shouting, but for our obedience.  Bottom line ... shouting in praise and prayer is not wrong, but needs to be accompanied by strong obedience.

Prayer:

Father, don't let anything hinder my prayers.  Help me to walk in obedience to You in all things.  Thank You for speaking to me day after day in these devotional times.  You are amazing!  You teach me so much from Your word.  Thank You for being You!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment