Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Following the Spirit

Scripture:

Ezekiel 1:12  "Each one went straight ahead.  Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went".

Observation:

Ezekiel describes these four creature in much detail in chapter one, but this part of the description stood out to me this morning.  These creatures were designed so that they could move straight ahead in any direction and they didn't have to turn.  It says of them that wherever the spirit would go, they would go.  When they went, they went straight ahead.

Application:

I want to be like these creatures in that I want to move wherever and whenever the Holy Spirit wants me to.  I want to go straight ahead when God speaks something to me and not to the right or the left.  I want to hear the voice of the Lord clearly and to obey fully and completely.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be more like the four creatures that Ezekiel saw.  Help me to pursue Your will at all times and to go straight ahead when I hear Your voice.  Help me to flow with the Spirit and to stay in step with the Spirit.  I want to truly live a "spirit filled, spirit led" life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment