Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Display of God's Glory

Scripture:

Ezekiel 28:22  "This is what the Sovereign Lord says, 'I am against you, Sidon, and among you I will display my glory.  You will know that i am the Lord, when I inflict punishment on you and within you am proved to be holy'".

Observation:

God tells Sidon that He is going to display His glory among them and will prove that He is holy.  He goes about this by inflicting punishment on them.  He says that His glory will be seen in the their destruction.

Application:

We usually think of God's glory and holiness being displayed in church services, when we feel His presence.  We generally think of His glory in good ways, but He also receives glory in His awesome works of justice and punishment.  We should stand in awe of God, not only because of His blessings, but because He is awesome in Judgment.  May the fear of the Lord come back to His people.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to fear You correctly.  Teach me to walk in confidence in my relationship with You, yet to have the utmost respect and fear of the Lord in my life.  You are awesome in both Your blessings and Your judgments.  May the world see Your glory whether through blessing or judgment.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment