Monday, November 23, 2015

Not Because of My Righteousness

Scripture:

Daniel 9:18  "Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears Your name.  We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy",

Observation:

Daniel understood that his righteousness was like dirty rags in the eyes of God.  He knew he couldn't bend God's arm in prayer because he had lived a righteous life.  He knew that if God was to answer him, it was because of God's mercy and not his righteousness.  He came to God in humility.

Application:

When we approach the Lord, we must realize that, even our righteousness is only because of His Son.  We must come with humility before the Lord, knowing that we don't deserve His mercy.  When we come to Him, it is not based on our merits or good deeds, but based on His mercy.  We deserve nothing, yet He gave us everything.  How awesome is God!

Prayer:

Father, let me remember at all times that I can't merit Your favor, grace or mercy.  It is given simply because of who You are.  You are amazing and I love You much.  Thanks for reminding me that I can access You, not based on my deeds, but by You mercy and grace.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment