Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Whoever Believes in Jesus

Scripture:

John 14:12 "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father".

Observation:

Jesus is nearing His death and is talking to His disciples.  He tells them He is going away and they want to know how to get where He is going.  He relates to them that they know the way by knowing Him.  He says if they had seen Him, they had seen the father.  Then He tells them that He would be one with them like He is one with the Father.  He told them that when they believe that, they would do the works that He did and even greater works.

Application:

Can we really do the works that Jesus did and even greater works?  We read verses like this and really don't believe them.  We don't really believe deep down that we can do the works Jesus did.  We must begin to walk with Him as one and the signs will follow.  If He is truly in us, then He will continue His work through us.  Our job is simply to believe.  He does the rest.

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, Live in me.  Talk through me.  Work Your works through my life.  I want You to live big in me.  I want You to fulfill Your will in and through my life.  Help me believe that You are truly living in me and that You are going to fulfill Your plans in my life.  I believe..Help my unbelief.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment