Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Holy Spirit Fall

Scripture:

Acts 10:44 "While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message."

Observation:

Peter has gone into a Gentile home and is declaring Jesus to them.  The entire situation was God ordained and angelic intervention brought it together.  As he was preaching to these Gentiles, who he shouldn't have even been hanging out with, the Holy Spirit fell on them and they began to speak with other tongues.

Application:

I long for the day when the Holy Spirit falls on people like this in the middle of my sermons.  I long to see God move in ways that are beyond our comprehension and we can only say, "it had to be God".  I want the Holy Spirit to fall on "all" while I am preaching.  I know this is a significant event that required Divine intervention because it caused the Gospel to spread beyond the Jews and to the Gentiles.  Even so, I want God to work like this again in my generation.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit fall on people this weekend while I am preaching.  Help the sick in our Good Friday service.  Baptize people in the precious Holy Spirit while I'm preaching.  Come and move powerfully and in ways we can't imagine.  Work in our midst in ways that are undeniably God.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment