Tuesday, April 29, 2014

No King

Scripture:

Judges 21:25  "In those days Israel had not king; everyone did as they saw fit".

Observation:

Chapter 20-21 demonstrated what happens when there is no king on the throne and everyone does what they think is right.  Everyone doing what they think is right brought about rape, massive amounts of death from battle, and almost the entire destruction of the tribe of Benjamin.  People get out of control when there is not king to bring order.

Application:

King Jesus wants to reign and rule our hearts.  We cannot live without someone on the throne of our hearts.  We will self-destruct.  We have a wonderful King, but a king who does not impose His will on us without our consent.  He wants to bring order to our lives, but we must be open and ask Him to direct us and lead us.  Left to ourselves we will end us in destruction.  We must desire the Lord to rule over our lives and we must walk in a way that pleases Him.  We need a king!

Prayer:

Lord, Reign over my life.  Rule over my heart.  I want you to run my life and not myself.  I am a terrible master of my life on my own.  Give me daily direction and help me to follow Your voice at all times.  Provide for my life as I serve You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment