Thursday, April 3, 2014

Peace in Trouble

Scripture:

John 16:33  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."

Observation:

Jesus is preparing for His death, burial and resurrection.  He is speaking to His disciples about going away and preparing a place for them and coming again to receive them to Himself.  In this He says He wants His people to have peace in the midst of trouble.  He told them directly, "In this world you will have trouble".  He didn't deny it, but He told them to take heart because He had overcome the world.

Application:

Jesus is the one who has overcome the world.  Our peace comes from walking with Him, listening to Him and following His ways.  Trouble will come!  There's no doubt about it, but we don't have to let trouble destroy our lives and leave us faithless.  He said "in Me" you will have peace.  When we are "in Christ", there is a peace that passes understanding.  We need to focus on living our lives "in Christ".  He has overcome the world and therefore He can and will bring us peace.

Prayer:

Father, in these last days, trouble is increasing all around us.  Help me to hold onto You and walk intimately with You so that I can have Your peace in my life in increasing measures.  Help me to live by faith and to realize my life is in Your trustworthy hands.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment