Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Give Me This Hill Country

Scripture:

Joshua 14:12 "Now give me this hill country that the Lord promised me that day.  You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the Lord helping me, I will drive them out just as he said".

Observation:

Caleb is now eighty five years of age.  At forty, God promised him and Joshua that they would receive an inheritance in the Promised Land.  After forty years of wandering in the wilderness because of the people's disobedience and five years of conquering city after city, Caleb says it's time to receive his inheritance.  He says, with the Lord's help, he would drive out the inhabitants who were giants.  Caleb knew his God and was fully persuaded that if God was with him, he could do anything.

Application:

We tend to give up on things way too fast.  When God doesn't answer our prayers immediately, we get frustrated and give up asking.  Forty five years after the promise, Caleb was still asking for his inheritance.  He never gave up and finally received his promised land.  By faith he was as strong at eighty five as he was at forty.  We must learn to walk in faith, perseverance and tenacity like our father Caleb.

Prayer:

Father, Your word says that with faith and patience, we inherit the promises.  Help me with the patience part of this.  Help me to realize that Your timing and my timing are not always the same and to trust you more in it.  I want to inherit all Your have promised me and fulfill all you have called me to do.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment