Thursday, October 6, 2011

What Do You Have in the House?

Scripture:

II Kings 4:2 "So Elisha said to her, 'What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?' And she said, 'Your maidservant has nothing in the house but a jar of oil'".

Observation:

Elisha was approached by a woman who was the widow of one of the sons of the prophets. She had nothing and the creditor was coming to take away her sons to pay her debt. When she approaches Elisha, he asks her what she has in her house. God usually starts with what we have and performs the miracle from that. All she had was a little oil. All the disciples could come up with was 5 loaves and 2 fish to feed a multitude. When both gave the little they had to the master, the miracle happened.

Application:

We must give all that we have in our house to the Lord and ask Him to bless it and multiply it. In His hands, it is enough for a miracle. Many times we may feel like we don't have anything in the house to give, but we have the person of the Holy Spirit living in our "house". This lady had little, we have the all-powerful one, living inside of us. She had little in her house and God blessed and multiplied it. We have the Holy Spirit in our house, nothing is impossible!

Prayer:

Father, teach me to pray faith-filled prayers. Let me become a man who realizes exactly what it means to be "filled" with the Holy Spirit. Help me understand what is truly in my house and to be able to release it to others. Show me how to let You flow through me in a greater measure.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment