Monday, October 17, 2011

Generational Ministry

Scripture:

I Chronicles 9:19b "...were in charge of the work of the service, gatekeepers of the tabernacle. Their fathers had been keepers of the entrance to the camp of the Lord".

Observation:

The Levites were chosen of the Lord as those who would be totally dedicated to worship and the things of God. They were set apart for ministry. As I look at this section of Scripture I see how the Levites each had a part to do in the service of the Lord. I also see that the gatekeepers of the tabernacle were the sons of the gatekeepers of the entrance to the camp of the Lord. Generational ministry is seen here in that the sons of the gatekeepers became gatekeepers.

Application:

I love the idea of generational ministry. I love when fathers teach their sons how to minister to the Lord. Today, there is a movement in the body of Christ where we see a generational ministry taking place. Many sons are taking over their fathers ministries and continuing the legacy. I am blessed by this and want to see my sons, no matter what their vocation, be servants of the Lord first and foremost. I want to be a father to my sons that makes them want to be like dad and for them to see that serving the Lord is the only way to live.

Prayer:

Father, let me be a dad who passes on generational ministry. Let my kids see the blessedness of serving You. May they see that there is no other way to live except in service of the Lord. Let them see You working in my life and ministry and help me to train them in the work of the Lord. Let me be a father who prepares my sons for ministry to the Lord. I want to pass everything God has placed in me to my sons. Teach me Holy Spirit and let my sons see Jesus living big in dad.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment