Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Like the Army of God

Scripture:

I Chronicles 12:22 "For at that time they came to David day by day to help him, until it was a great army, like the army of God".

Observation:

Many times in the Old Testament we hear references to "the commander of the Lord's army" or some reference to the army of God that doesn't appear to be a physical army. I believe God's got an army in heaven that can defeat any army of the earth. In this verse David's army was great "like the army of God". I have never seen God's army physically, but I know He has a magnificent army.

Application:

The spiritual life is a battle sometimes. At times we may feel like we are in a battle against the forces of darkness all by ourselves. When we feel this way, we can know that there is an unseen army at our God's disposal and we can walk in victory at all times. We can be more confident because our God has a massive army that he can deploy on our behalf at any time. David's army was great, but God's army is greater. No enemy can stand when they are deployed.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to realize that You have an amazing army who follow Your orders at all times. I want to walk in confidence and faith. Thank you for showing me that there is an army ready to fight on my behalf. Help me to see like the servant of Elijah, the chariots of fire that can destroy every enemy. I am yours! Thank you for defending me and deploying your army on my behalf.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment