Monday, October 10, 2011

The Voice of the Enemy

Scripture:

II Kings 18:30 "nor let Hezekiah make you trust in the Lord, saying, 'The Lord will surely deliver us; this city shall not be given into the hand of the king of Assyria'".

Observation:

The Rabshakeh, a representative of Assyria, was coming against God people and trying to get them to compromise with him. As he was speaking to them, he spoke loud enough for all the people to hear him and told them not to believe Hezekiah when he said that God would deliver them. It was a pure attack on their faith. He knew the God of the Hebrews was powerful and could deliver them, but he wanted the people to doubt their God.

Application:

Satan works exactly like this in our lives. He wants to destroy our faith. He doesn't want us to believe that God would step in and fight our battles. He doesn't want us to believe that God is going to work on our behalf. We are people of faith and faith conquers our enemies. Therefore Satan wants to attack our faith more than anything else. We must hold onto God and walk by faith and not by sight, then we will defeat the enemy.

Prayer:

Father, Help me to walk by faith and not sight. You have delivered me many, many times. You are my strength and my deliverer. You are the one I trust. Thank you for working in my life in the past and thank you for keeping me in the future. You are faithful and I won't listen to the voice of the enemy that tries to bring doubt.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment