Thursday, October 27, 2011

Heart Preparation

Scripture:

II Chronicles 12:14 "And he did evil, because he did not prepare his heart to seek the Lord".

Observation:

King Rehoboam, the son of the great king Solomon, didn't follow in the ways of his father. He went after other gods and did his own thing. He listened to his peers instead of listening to the wise counsellors of his father. In this piece of scripture, as the author is summing up his life, it throws in this little comment, "he did evil, because he did not prepare his heart to seek the Lord".

Application:

Scripture is full of references about the heart. It is a powerful tool in our lives. We are to serve the Lord with all of our heart, but the heart can be led astray easily. This reference says that Rehoboam did evil because he didn't prepare his heart to seek the Lord. Heart preparation can make all the difference. If you don't lead your heart, your heart will lead you! Sometimes people fall in love and their heart tells them how wonderful this person is, when in reality wisdom would say RUN! the heart tells a different story and the person is miserable for life because they followed their heart instead of the wisdom of their elders. We must learn to lead our hearts, then serve the Lord with all our heart.

Prayer:

Lord, let my heart be pure before You. Teach me to prepare my heart to follow you and your voice. Don't let my heart take me where I don't want to go or get me in trouble. This morning I ask You to help me prepare my heart to follow You closely. I love You with all my HEART.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment