Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Turning to the Lord

Scripture:

II Kings 23:25 "Now before him there was no king like him, who turned to the Lord with all his heart, with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the Law of Moses; nor after him did any arise like him".

Observation:

Josiah is seen here as a King of Judah like no other king in their history before or after him. It says that he "turned to the Lord" with all his heart, soul and might. When Josiah turned, he really turned. He read the book of the Law, repented, and turned away from his old lifestyle. He tore down the altars of other gods and destroyed their places of worship. He didn't intermingle with them, it was God or nothing.

Application:

I want to see more and more people "turn to the Lord" with all their heart, soul, and might like Josiah did. I want to see the power of the Gospel transform hearts and lives. I long for the day of true revival where there is a strong conviction of sin and a turning to the Lord with everything we have. May it begin today in our hearts. Now is the time to seek Him and turn to him completely.

Prayer:

Lord, I turn to You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I want you to work in my life. Draw me closer and strengthen me to live how You want me to. Increase my passion for You and let my life shine for Your glory. You are amazing and I love you.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment