Monday, October 24, 2011

Asking for the Right Thing

Scripture:

II Chronicles 1:11 "Then God said to Solomon, 'Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have asked long life - but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king - wisdom and knowledge are granted to you: and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the the kings have had who were before you, not shall any after you have the like'"

Observation:

Solomon had made a huge sacrifice to the Lord. After the sacrifice, God came to Solomon in a dream and spoke to him saying, "Ask, what shall I give you?" He could have asked for anything, but Solomon asked for wisdom and knowledge to lead Israel right. Because he asked for the right thing and wasn't selfish, God made him the richest king in history and honored him like nobody had ever been honored.

Application:

I have to ask myself the question; "what am I asking God for?" Am I praying selfish prayers, or am I asking God to enable me to do what He is calling me to do? AM I asking for the right reasons? God honors a person who is willing to sacrifice for him and who asks for the right things from Him.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to have right motives in prayer at all times. Guide my prayers into asking for the right things. Let me fulfill Your will and not my own. Never let me get out of Your will. Help me follow You more fully and completely every day. I want to lay down my life more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment