Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vibrant Praise

Scripture:

I Chronicles 15:28 "Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the Lord with shouting and with the sound of the horn, with trumpets and with cymbals, making music with stringed instruments and harps".

Observation:

I love Davidic worship and praise. David wasn't afraid to shout, dance, crank up the music in worship of his God. As the ark was coming back to the place prepared for it, they come with shouting, horns, trumpets,cymbals and stringed instruments. David gave the Lord "emotional" "loud" praise, and apparently God loved it.

Application:

Today most people want their worship to be controlled, not too loud, not too emotional, and definitely don't dance. David was a man after God's own heart and the Lord loved his "wild" praise and worship. We need to learn that praise and worship is not about us feeling good, but making God feel good. It's not about us doing it the way that is comfortable to us, but about us making Him feel comfortable. Heaven is going to be a noisy place. Let's practice by making our praise vibrant and uninhibited.

Prayer:

Lord, let my worship be true. Let me bless Your name with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I want my worship to come from my whole heart and everything I am. Teach me to praise the way You want to be praised and not the way that makes me feel good. Let my praise grow stronger and stronger because You are Lord!

Sincerely,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment