Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seek the Lord

Scripture:

I Chronicles 16:11 "Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore!"

Observation:

David is writing and singing a song of praise when they set the ark in the tabernacle he had prepared for it. He wrote a song for the special occasion. Verse 11 tells us to "seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore". David saw the Lord defeat his enemies, crush armies, do the supernatural. He saw God's work before his very eyes. He realized that his own strength came from the Lord and from seeking the Lord. He knew he couldn't run the country without the Lord.

Application:

I have spent years in self-sufficiency. At this point in my life, I just want more of Him. In my Spirit He is saying "seek Me and you will find me when you seek Me with all your heart". He is pulling me closer and drawing me to Himself. I have realized recently that my strength comes from Him and not my own works. He is my source of everything. I must know Him more.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know You more intimately than ever before. I want You to direct my every step. I desire to live a life that represent You well. I want to see the will of heaven enforced on the earth. I want to walk with You destroying the works of the devil and lifting up the name of Jesus. I seek You and your strength this morning.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment