Friday, January 17, 2020

Kindness

Scripture:

“Now therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones.” And he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭50:21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Joseph’s father had died and his brothers were afraid he would then have them killed.  They thought he was just being nice to them because his father was alive and his father would want it.  Joseph reminded them that God was in control and that it was God who had brought him there and not their decision to sell him into slavery.  Instead of retribution, Joseph said he would provide for their kids and he spoke kindly to them.

Application:

There are times when we have the right to speak out and hurt others, but comfort and kindness is always better than being angry.  We need to respond with kindness to those who think we are out to get them.  Jesus said to bless those who persecute you.  I want kindness and gentleness to be my response in every situation.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in goodness and kindness.  Teach me to walk in humility and to be kind, even when I think I’m right.  Empower me to live a life You can bless.  Help me to have the mind of Christ at all times.  Help me to choose my words well and to exhibit self-control.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment