Thursday, September 1, 2016

Wisdom Brings Life and Favor

Scripture:

Proverbs 8:35-36  "For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord.  But those who fail to find me harm themselves; all who hate me love death".

Observation:

The beginning of this chapter starts out with wisdom crying out, it ends with wisdom saying, "those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord".  It goes on to say that those who hate wisdom, or don't follow it, harm themselves and love death.

Application:

Wisdom should be sought out by all of us.  It is something that will bring life and favor from God.  He loves those who walk in wisdom and blesses them exceedingly.  We should seek to walk in wisdom and do the right thing, even when the right things is hard to do.  We should remember the words of the wise and follow them diligently.  I want to walk in wisdom.

Prayer:

Father, teach me the ways of wisdom and favor.  Help me to do the wise thing always instead of the expedient thing.  Help me to choose wisdom above my own thoughts.  Show me the path of wisdom as I seek You for direction.  I want life and favor.  Help me find true godly wisdom for each situation I am confronted with.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment