Monday, September 19, 2016

When God Calls us to Hard Things

Scripture:

Isaiah 6:10  "Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes.  Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed".

Observation:

Isaiah had just encountered the Lord in a powerful and ended up saying "Here am I, send me".  After that powerful encounter, the Lord gave him his mission, which was to make God's people have hardened hearts so that they wouldn't obey God because God wanted to wipe them out.

Application:

Sometimes God calls us to do things that we don't understand and that don't feel comfortable to us, but He expects us to respond with "YES LORD".  When God calls us to speak on His behalf, it isn't always a wonderful message that He gives us and that He wants us to deliver.  Sometimes His messages won't make us popular, but our job is obedience to God, not popularity with people.

Prayer:

Father, help me to say yes, when yes doesn't feel good.  Help me to fulfill Your will when it doesn't seem like things are going the way I want them to.  Teach me to hear Your voice clearly and deliver exactly what You want said.  By the way, I do love those close encounters with You like Isaiah had.  I'd love that any time, any day.  I love to be in Your presence, just help me to speak Your words when I come out.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment