Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Don't Wear Yourself Out

Scripture:

Proverbs 23:4  "Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness".

Observation:

Solomon was blessed of God and realized that his blessings came from God and not from his own hard work.  He definitely believed in working hard because so many proverbs talk about the difference between the diligent and the lazy.  Basically he is saying you can't earn the favor and blessing of God.  You can't be clever enough to get rich without God's help.

Application:

So many people are wearing themselves out trying to get rich and to get ahead in life.  When they get there, they will be worn out and not able to enjoy the blessings.  We need to be people who work hard and do what the Lord desires for our lives.  We should not wear ourselves out trying to get ahead, but be diligent workers who seek after God.  God's blessings are greater than this world's blessings anyway.

Prayer:

Father, let me always be one who pursues You above money.  Help me to keep my eyes on You.  You are my source and my resource.  You are my strength and the one who gives me life to keep going forward.  Let my life bring You praise.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment