Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Prayer for Leaders

Scripture:

I Timothy 2:1-2  "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness".

Observation:

Paul tells Timothy to pray "petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving" for all people.  He then goes on to specifically tell him to do this for kings and all those in authority because then they would all be able to live peaceful lives.

Application:

We must learn to pray for our leaders daily instead of judging and criticizing them, we must learn to pray for them.  When they are doing well, we will live peaceful lives and be able to live out our godliness and holiness.  It is easy to criticize the leadership, but we must learn to pray for them so that they will make right decisions.

Prayer:

Father, remind me daily as I pray to pray for those in authority over my life.  Help me to pray consistently for the leader of the United States instead of just wishing someone else was in office.  Help me to pray sincerely for those above me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment