Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Light Changes Everything

Scripture:

Isaiah 9:2  "The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned".

Observation:

Isaiah prophesied about the coming of the Savior and one of his descriptions is that those in darkness will see a great light.  Jesus said, "I am the light of the world".  He came to bring light to the world and he sent us also as carriers of the light when He said that we should be like a city set on a hill where our light can be seen.

Application:

Light changes everything.  Darkness causes people to not be able to see around them and to be afraid of what they cannot see.  Darkness and fear go hand in hand, but when the light comes on, fear leaves and we realize things were not as bad as they seemed.  Nothing changed, but fear is gone because now we can see.  We are called to shine God's light to the world and light changes everything.  May our lives be lived to bring about wonderful change in our world.

Prayer:

Lord, let Your light shine through my life.  Help me to reflect You more and more each day.  I want to walk with You and demonstrate Your goodness to those around me.  You are amazing and I love You with all my heart.  Let my life be a change agent for good to those around me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment