Thursday, September 15, 2016

Speaking to our Spouses

Scripture:

Song of Solomon 4:7  "You are all together beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you".

Observation:

Solomon is speaking here to the love of his life.  He speaks to her and tells her that she is beautiful and that there is no flaw in her.  He speaks positive, powerful words over his love.  Everyone has flaws, but he calls his love flawless.

Application:

Our spouses need to know how much we love them and that we think they are great.  They need to hear us say that they are beautiful.  People become what you speak about them.  Maybe instead of pointing out the flaws in those around us, we should point out the positives.  Nobody is flawless, but rather thank focusing on the flaws, Solomon focused on the how beautiful his lover was.  We need to stop focusing on the flaws and start focusing on what they are doing right.

Prayer:

Father, help me to focus on the good in my wife.  Help me to speak words of life, love and liberty over the one I love the most.  Teach me to speak in a way that brings out the best in my family.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment