Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Great Gain

Scripture:

I Timothy 6:6  "But godliness with contentment is great gain".

Observation:

Paul had just told Timothy that there were people who were preaching that godliness was a means to financial gain.  He contrasted that with the words, "but godliness with contentment is great gain".  He was saying that godliness can't be defined by bank accounts, but by contentment.

Application:

So many people today are running after God because of the promises of preachers that God will bless them and that they will be wealthy.  Many are serving God out of what He can do for them instead of what they can do for Him.  We must learn to walk in godliness with great contentment.  When we are content, it says we are satisfied with God and with where He has us right now.  There is great gain in knowing that God is taking care of us.

Prayer;

Father, help  me to walk in contentment concerning finances and to know that You will provide all of my needs according to Your riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Thank you for taking care of me all of these years and being faithful.  You are amazing!  Help me to be content in all things and trust that I am right where You want me to be.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment