Thursday, August 29, 2013

Love One Another

Scripture:

Romans 13:8  "Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law".

Observation:

Paul say some simple words here that are profound and powerful.  He tells the Romans to "Owe no one anything except to love one another".  Love is such a powerful force that Paul tells us when we do it, we fulfill all the Law.  God wants us to walk in love with all men.

Application:

Most Americans are in lots of debt.  Paul tells us not to owe anyone anything, except love.  Wouldn't it be awesome to be debt free and serve others out of love?  When there is debt, love doesn't flow freely.  If I owe you something, of course I'm going to be kind to you.  On the other hand, if I owe you nothing, my love has no attachments and I am receiving nothing for it.  We must learn to love without debt.

Prayer:

Lord, I want so bad to be debt free and to serve people simply because I love them and not to have to worry about debts I owe.  Help me to love with a totally pure heart with no wrong motives.  I want to be more like Christ.

Yours,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment