Thursday, August 15, 2013

Complete Obedience

Scripture:

Acts 13:22 "After removing Saul, he made David their king.  God testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do'".

Observation:

David was chosen by God because God knew David's heart was pure and that David would do everything God wanted him to do.  David had complete obedience!  He had a heart after God and would do anything for God and anything God wanted him to do.  David is seen to this day as Israel's greatest king.  The reason, complete obedience to God defined his life.  David obeyed God when obeying God was difficult.  God could trust David and knew "he will do everything I want him to do".

Application:

The heart God is looking for today is not the most qualified, trained, equipped or prepared.  It is the heart that is most obedient to God.  He is looking for the one who is after His heart.  He is still looking for those who will live their lives fully surrendered to the Lord.  We must live our lives with a heart after God and his heart.  We should desire what God desires and walk in complete obedience, then we will see God work strongly on our behalf.

Prayer:

Father God, You are awesome and I love serving You!  You are my strength and my salvation.  You are my fortress and my deliverer.  You are worthy of all obedience.  Help me to serve You well and to accomplish all You want to accomplish in and through my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment