Wednesday, August 28, 2013

You Stand By Faith

Scripture:

Romans 11:20  "Well said, Because of their unbelief they were broken off and you stand by faith.  Do not be haughty, but fear God".

Observation:

Paul is describing the children of Israel when he says they were broken off.  He says they were broken off because of their unbelief and that we stand because of our faith.  It is by faith we are saved and not any other reason.  The people of Israel were broken off because of their "unbelief".  Unbelief is the dangerous to us.  We stand by faith, live by faith, and walk by faith.  Unbelief is the opposite of faith.

Application:

If belief gets us connected to God and keeps our relationship with Him, unbelief can never enter our vocabulary nor our heart.  We stand by faith!  It is only faith by the grace of God that saves us and keeps us in right relationship with Him.  Israel lost its state with God because of unbelief.  We must be people who walk by faith.  Lastly he says we should never be haughty, but fear God because we are never past being broken off either.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live by faith.  Help me never to doubt You or walk in unbelief.  You are my source of life and every good thing in my life has come from You.  You are my rock and my salvation!  You light up my life and give me hope.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment