Friday, August 2, 2013

You Will Be Judged

Scripture:

Ezekiel 24:14 "I the Lord have spoken.  The time has come for me to act.  I will not hold back; I will not have pity, nor will I relent.  You will be judged according to your conduct and your actions, declares the Sovereign Lord".

Observation:

God is filled with incredible grace and mercy.  God wants to pour out His mercy and loving kindness on all who come to Him.  He also is just, which means that sin has consequences.  Throughout the Old Testament we see God wooing and pulling His people to Him, yet they would go after other gods and reject Him totally.  After much grace...God will determine to bring judgment to try to wake His people up and turn them back to Him so He can bless them.  There is a time of mercy, which God will hold onto as long as possible, but if we reject His pulling, judgment will come.

Application:

God is a god of great love and kindness with incredible mercy.  He is also a god to be feared because He is also just and judge of the living and the dead.  When I think of the Israel Ezekiel preached to, I have to think of the United States of America.  We are extremely similar to Israel.  God has shown us incredible favor, mercy, blessing, etc., but we have rejected Him and more and more He is being taken out of our nation.  His blessing on this nation has been amazing, yet we have forsaken Him.  America must turn back to God or His mercy will run out and we will face His judgment as a nation.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I pray this morning for the United States of America.  I pray this nation will see one more great awakening.  I ask You to extend your grace and mercy a little longer.  We see You trying to get our attention.  Please let our leaders turn back to You so that Your blessing may remain on this nation.  We need You God.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment