Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Only Aim

Scripture:

Acts 20:24 "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the Good News of God's grace".

Observation:

Paul knew he was nearing the end of his life on earth.  He knew he was going to be tortured and eventually killed, but this knowledge did not stop him from preaching Jesus and fulfilling his calling.  He could have avoided and postponed his death, but Paul was determined and had one aim in life ... to finish the race and complete the task Jesus gave him.  What focus and determination!  You can't fight against that.

Application:

I want to have the determination of a Paul who is not going to let anything or anyone stop him from fulfilling everything Jesus told him.  I want to have the life focus that Paul had.  I don't want anything to distract me from fulfilling God's calling and will on my life.  When I get to the end I want to hear "well done good and faithful servant".  That's my aim.

Prayer:

Father God, give me the strength to do what must be done each day.  Help me keep my focus on you and your kingdom instead of the problems around me.  Help me stay focused on You instead of me.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment