Tuesday, August 6, 2013

God's Heart

Scripture:

Ezekiel 36:38 "So will the ruined cities be filled with flocks of people.  Then they will know that I am the Lord".

Observation:

Throughout the book of Ezekiel and many other Old Testament prophets, you continue to hear this phrase over and over..."Then they will know that I am the Lord".  He says things continually like, I will destroy your enemies...then they will know I am the Lord, or, I will bring you back from captivity...then you will know that I am the Lord, or, I will judge your enemies...then they will know that I am the Lord.  God wants the world to know that He is the Lord and He will accomplish it any way He can.

Application:

God loves all people and wants to bring His blessing into their lives.  He desires to see every human walking under His Lordship, not so He can rule over them, but so that He can bless them.  God's heart is for the world to know that He is the Lord.  Our job is to extend His rule and reign on the earth and let more and more people know about Him..."Then they will know that He is the Lord".  God desires everyone to know Him so that He can bless them and not be at a distance from them.  He brings them near through us.  He will work through us to bring about His plan and desire.  Our job is to offer our lives to Him so that His heart's desire can come to pass.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty,  You are amazing and I bless you this morning.  As I read through Ezekiel I see Your heart for the world to know that You are Lord.  I also want the world to know of Your incredible love for them.  I offer my life to You Lord, use me to extend Your kingdom around the world.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment