Friday, August 23, 2013

So I Turned to the Lord

Scripture:

Daniel 9:3  "So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes".

Observation:

Daniel was a mighty man of God who had an amazing relationship with the Father.  He interpreted dreams and visions.  He operated in words of knowledge and God was with him incredibly.  God delivered him from a lion's den and a fiery furnace and gave him wisdom for kings.  In this verse I believe we see the reason God had done so much for Daniel in his lifetime.  "So I turned to the Lord" was his mode of operation.  When he didn't understand something he turned to the Lord.  He wasn't a terrible sinner, yet when he needed an answer he turned to the Lord.

Application:

In our lives there are times when we need to "turn to the Lord" with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.  Though we may have never turned away purposefully, we tend to drift and a times we need to "turn to the Lord".  For Daniel this looked like a time of prayer and fasting.  It is simply a time set aside for one purpose ... to turn to the Lord and get His guidance for our lives.  Every believer needs times set aside to "turn to the Lord" and seek Him in prayer and fasting.

Prayer:

Father, help me to set aside more time for You.  Teach me to take seasons to get away from everything else and seek You.  I want to be a person who "turns to the Lord" for guidance, direction, vision, etc.  I want more of You in my life.  You are amazing!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment