Thursday, August 22, 2013

God's Gifts Can't be Bought

Scripture:

Daniel 5:17 "Then Daniel answered the king, 'You may keep your gifts for yourself and give your rewards to someone else.  Nevertheless, I will read the writing for the king and tell him what it means'".

Observation:

Daniel was a man of God who was raised up as an exile to speak into the lives of the national leaders during his captivity.  God supernaturally gifted Daniel in the marketplace in such a way that the kings of Babylon realized it and knew he was the only one with real answers for them.  They knew they could trust him and he didn't take their bribes.  They knew he was a man of integrity and character.  He didn't want their money, just to honor his God and bring truth.  As a result, God raised him up and caused him to influence the nation of his captivity.

Application:

Daniel had respect because he turned away from money and gifts the king wanted to give him.  He was not in his position for selfish gain, but to let the world see the awesomeness of his God.  He proved to the king and the entire nation several times in his life that God was the only true and living God.  He would not take money for a gift God had given him and it caused God to smile on his life.

Prayer:

Father God, help me to be more like Daniel.  Help me to keep my eyes on You as my provider and not any person.  You are my helper, my guide, my protection, etc.  You are my all in all!  Help me walk in integrity and character every day of my life that my life will bring honor to your name.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment