Monday, September 2, 2013

Hear My Cry

Scripture:

Hosea 7:14  "They did not cry out to Me with their heart when they wailed upon their beds".

Observation:

Hosea is speaking to Ephraim and pronouncing judgment on them because they walked away from God.  In this verse, God is saying one of the reasons why judgment was coming on them... because "they did not cry to Me with their heart when they wailed upon their beds".  God wants His people to cry to Him instead of just crying and wailing in self-pity.

Application:

When things go wrong in life.  God wants us not to feel sorry for ourselves, but to cry out to Him.  He doesn't want us to just cry, but to cry out to Him in our difficult times.  He wants to be there for us and for us to call on Him.  Ephraim was punished because they wailed, but they didn't cry out to God.  We must seek Him first and call on Him when in trouble instead of pulling away from Him.

Prayer:

Father, Hear my Cry.  Help me to always cry out to You when I have trouble in my life.  Teach me to seek You in the good times and cry out to you in the bad times.  Right now I'm in India and I need you to come and heal Kevin and even touch my life physically.  Hear my cry oh God and heal us.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment