Friday, September 20, 2013

Crucified with Christ

Scripture:

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Galatians concerning walking away from faith and back into Law.  As he is making his argument that we live, not by the Law, but by faith, he makes this beautiful statement,  "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me".  He goes on to say that the life he lives is by faith in Christ who loved him.  We have been crucified with Christ and now live by faith instead of works.  It is faith that God responds to, not just outward works of righteous obedience.

Application:

God wants us to know, like the Galatians, that life in Him is more about dying and rising with Christ than about obedience to the Law.  When we live "in Christ" and follow Him completely, our love for Him will cause us to live lives that are free from sin and the junk of this world.  We beat the sin problem, not by working harder, but by living in Christ and letting Him live through us.  We walk by faith in Him who is perfect and who fulfilled the Law.  He is our everything! 

Prayer:

Jesus, let me walk with You more completely every day.  I want to walk by faith and not by sight.  Help me to keep my eyes on You at all times and not get off track.  You are my righteousness, not my works.  You are my freedom and I want to be crucified with you and to live with You in this life.  You are my everything!

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment