Friday, September 13, 2013

Believing and Speaking

Scripture:

II Corinthians 4:13 "It is written: 'I believed; therefore I have spoken.'  Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak".

Observation:

Paul says to the Corinthians that there is a connection between what we believe and what we speak.  Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks is the way Jesus said it.  The words that come out of our mouth are a great reflection of what we believe in our heart.  Faith, doubt, unbelief, hatred, love, stress, anxiety, etc. are all released through our speech.  When our tongue gets under control, James says we can then control our whole bodies.

Application:

We speak what we believe.  What have I been speaking lately?  Have I been speaking faith, doubt, unbelief, hatred, love, stress, anxiety or what?  I want a faith that is deep and to the heart so that my mouth reflects faith at all times.  I want to be filled with faith and for faith-filled words to flow out of my life like a river of living water.

Prayer:

Lord, help me walk by faith and not by sight.  Help me believe and trust You more, even when I feel things haven't worked out like I thought they would.  Teach me to believe You stronger than ever and let it flow out of my mouth instead of complaining and murmuring.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment