Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ever-Increasing Glory

Scripture:

II Corinthians 3:18 "And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Corinthians and talking about the glory that we saw on Moses and how the glory of the New Covenant is much greater than the glory of the Old Covenant which was on Moses so that he needed to wear a veil.  Paul goes on to say that as we contemplate the Lord's glory, we are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory.  Jesus said He gave us His glory.

Application:

The glory of the Lord is seen throughout scripture.  In this passage it tells us that the glory on our lives increases as we contemplate the Lord's glory.  It also says we are transformed into his image.  I need to contemplate the Lord's glory more and more in my life.  I want to be more like my maker every day.  Paul tells me that I am transformed into His image and the glory on my life increases as I contemplate the glory of the Lord.  I don't understand this completely yet, but I want to study this more.

Prayer:

Show me Your glory Lord.  I want to contemplate your glory and become more like You.  Help me understand this more thoroughly.  I believe there is something here that we are missing out on and I want revelation on this point.  Teach me to contemplate your glory and understand it more.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment