Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Will Save You... you trust in Me

Scripture:

Jeremiah 39:18  "I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life, because you trust in me, declares the Lord".

Observation:

These words were spoken concerning Ebed-Melek the Cushite.  He was an official in the royal palace who had seen Jeremiah in a cistern, being punished for prophesying in the name of the Lord, and got him out.  God saw his heart and made sure that when the city was to be destroyed and burned that Ebed-Melek was going to be okay.  God said to him, "I will save you... you trust in me". 

Application:

Ebed-Melek stood up for the person speaking on God's behalf, even when that person was being persecuted.  Apparently he believed what Jeremiah was saying about the coming destruction.  Because of this, the bible says, "I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life because you trust in me".  We must be people who hear what the Lord is saying and believe, whether it is good or bad.  We must trust the word of the Lord, then the Lord knows He can trust us.  As we trust the Lord and listen to His voice, we can also be sure that He will save and protect us.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to trust You more each day.  I want to live a life that pleases you and that You can bless.  Help me be a man of God who trusts God completely and who can be trusted completely.  I am Yours.

Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment