Friday, July 26, 2013

God Gives What We Need To Accomplish His Objectives

Scripture:

Ezekiel 3:7-8 "But the people of Israel are not willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to me, for all the Israelites are hardened and obstinate.  But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are".

Observation:

God is speaking to Ezekiel and telling Him that he is being sent on a nearly impossible mission.  He is being sent to an incredibly hardened people who don't want to serve the Lord.  He is being told up front that they won't listen and that it won't go well, but it was still his calling.  In verse eight, God tells Ezekiel, "but I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are".  God told him that He would make Ezekiel into the person who could accomplish His objectives.  God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called!  God helped Ezekiel become the person to do the objective He had in mind.

Application:

Many times we as Christians, and especially those in ministry feel like we are not qualified to do the things God is asking us to do.  We always feel there is someone better qualified or cut out to do the job.  God doesn't look at your qualifications when He needs to accomplish something, He looks at your heart.  He will make you what you need to be in order to accomplish what He wants accomplished.  He did it for Ezekiel and He will do it for us.  Once again, God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Prayer:

Thank You Lord for this word today.  Many times I don't feel qualified to do what You have given me to do.  I struggle with thinking someone else could do a better job than me.  I offer myself to You today.  Mold me into the person I need to be so Your objectives can be accomplished through my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment