Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Whatever You Ask

Scripture:

John 14:13-14 "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it".

Observation:

As Jesus was preparing His disciples for His departure from this life, He made some very strong statements that we seem to just throw aside when we read them.  He told His disciples that He would do whatever they asked in His name.  Then He re-affirmed it just in case they didn't understand when He said, "You may ask for anything in my name, and I will do it".  James told us that we have not because we ask not.  These are two powerful statements that we struggle with.  Do we really believe He said this? and Did He really mean what He said?

Application:

Jesus said He would give us whatever we asked for in His name so that the Father may be glorified.  Many times we don't have because we don't ask and we don't ask in faith.  We must believe "all" that Jesus taught and said.  We have no problem trying to live according to the beatitudes, but this is something we turn our heads from and act like He never said it.  We must begin asking...He said He would do whatever we asked for so His Father may be glorified.  As for me, I'm asking, because I want to see the Father glorified.

Prayer:

Lord, help me not to take lightly anything You said in Your word.  Teach me to trust and obey every part, not just the ones I understand and feel comfortable with.  You are amazing!  Thanks for sharing with me today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment