Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Turn and Live

Scripture:

Ezekiel 18:23  "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord.  Rather, am I not pleased then they turn from their ways and live?"

Observation:

In this verse we see that God gets no pleasure out of seeing the wicked perish.  It is not His will that any should perish, but that all should come to the knowledge of the truth.  What makes God happy is when the sinner turns from his ways and lives under the blessing of the Almighty.  God loves all of His creation and wants all to repent of their ways and serve Him so that He can be a source of blessing in their lives.

Application:

From this verse we see the heart of God for all of His creation.  He truly doesn't want any to perish, but all to come to repentance.  Therefore, our goal should be to bring the love of God to as many as possible.  It is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance.  We should be sharing His goodness with all who will listen, that they may hear and repent, bringing great joy to the Lord.  Let's be a people who share the goodness of God every day.

Prayer:

Lord, I ask You to help me reach out to someone today who does not know You.  Let me be a light shining with Your goodness.  Help me to be a mouthpiece for You today.  You are my everything!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment