Friday, July 19, 2013

The Spirit Without Limit

Scripture:

John 3:34 "For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit".

Observation:

John is describing Jesus as the Messiah and as one who came from heaven above.  He has just told the crowds that he must decrease so that Jesus could increase and that Jesus was preferred above him.  In the midst of his defence of Christ, John throws in this little statement, "for God gives the Spirit without limit".

Application:

This little phrase has always intrigued me.  Many people are satisfied with a little of the Spirit in their lives.  They want just enough to get to heaven, but not enough to change the way they live their lives.  I want the Spirit of God without limit!  I want all God has for my life and want nothing to restrain Him from working in my life without limit.  There is no limit to what God can do through a person fully set apart for Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I want all there is of You and Your Spirit in my life.  I want to live above the limits.  I want an unlimited flow of your Spirit in my life.  Take away anything in me that hinders the flow of Your Spirit in my life.  Work in and through my life.

Yours Always,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment