Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Complete Unity

Scripture:

John 17:22-23  "I have given the the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one - I in them and you in me - so that they may be brought to complete unity.  Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me".

Observation:

Jesus is praying to the Father concerning those who were given to Him.  He is ready to give His life and wants to make sure his disciples were going to be okay.  He asked the Father to bring them to complete unity, "then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me".  Jesus is basically saying that when the church is brought to complete unity, the world will know that God loves them and that He is the Messiah.

Application:

God's heart has always been for unity. He broke down the walls of division between Jew and Gentile.  Complete unity brings about incredible results!  God wants His people to be one, even as He and the Father are one.  We must strive to bring unity to the body of Christ because when it comes, we will see the world coming to Jesus and realizing who He is.  Jesus wants His church to be one, we must want what Jesus wants and desire what He desires.  We must break down the walls of separation that divide us as His body, His bride, etc.

Prayer:

Father, let the message of unity get out.  Give me the strength and discipline to write the book you put in my spirit about unity.  Show me more and I will write it.  Help me understand so I can convey this message to the body of Christ.  I want to see complete unity and I know the harvest that will come as we get our act together.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment