Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Big Woe!

Scripture:

Ezekiel 13:3  "This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing!"

Observation:

Chapter 13 of Ezekiel is God showing His feelings about those who prophesy falsely in His name.  He was extremely upset with the prophets of Israel and sent Ezekiel to confront them.  In this specific verse the sovereign Lord gave a big Woe! to the prophets who do this, following their own spirits instead of speaking the word of the Lord.  God calls them foolish for speaking what they thought should be spoken instead of what He wanted spoken.

Application:

We need to be more cautious today in the area of the prophetic and make sure we are prophesying the true word of the Lord and not just words from our own spirit.  God took this very seriously in Ezekiel's day and I'm sure it still bothers Him when people speak on His behalf when He has not spoken or has spoken differently.  We need to seek the Lord until we have a message burning in our heart, then deliver it.  We cannot afford to take the prophetic lightly.

Prayer:

Father, help me to deliver Your words accurately.  Cleanse me and purify my heart and mind so that the words I speak are life and truth from You.  I want to speak accurately on Your behalf and to bring forth Your desires in the earth, in my church, and in this region.  Help me to speak Your words and not just words I think would be good.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment