Friday, June 28, 2013

God's Word: A Fire and a Hammer

Scripture:

Jeremiah 23:29 "'Is not my word like fire', declares the Lord, 'and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?'"

Observation:

Jeremiah is delivering the word of the Lord.  He is in the process of speaking to false prophets who prophesy lies, things they heard others say, and simply make up things to say that sound good to the people.  As he is speaking on God's behalf to the prophets, he adds these words about how God's words generally are; He says God's words are like fire and God's words are like a hammer.  Fire burns up everything and a hammer destroys rocks.

Application:

God's words are not always the same.  Sometimes they burn like fire and sometimes they crush like taking a hammer to a rock.  They are always sent for a purpose.  God's prophetic voice is not always going to say, "God is going to bless you and money will come to you and everything around you is going to be blessed".  These type words are thrown around so much today.  Seldom do we hear a word from the Lord that burns in us like fire or crushes us like a hammer.  As for me, I want some fire and hammer preaching from the prophetic voice.

Prayer:

Father God, I want to hear Your words and deliver them accurately.  I want to say what You are saying to this generation.  I want to speak as a true voice for You.  Help me not let my flesh in the way when it comes to the prophetic.  Help me accurately declares what You are wanting to declare.  Let it be like a fire and like a hammer.

Yours.
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment